Jane Austen loved needlework and was very good at it. The picture above shows a detail of a beautiful patchwork quilt, made up of 64 different fabrics, she made with her sister Cassandra and their mother. Today, the quilt can be admired on a tent bed in the Jane Austen House Museum, Chawton. For more information on the quilt, and instructions on how make your own, check out the Jane Austen Society Of Australia and Inklingo.
- 5 months ago - Marie Antoinette's Last Letter - 0 Comment
- 5 months ago - Maria Branwell Bronte - 0 Comment
- 5 months ago - The Duke Superseded By His Servant - 0 Comment
- 5 months ago - Sir Henry Norris - 0 Comment
- 5 months ago - Emily Bronte - 0 Comment